Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Artist Trading Cards (ATCs)


I make Artist Trading Cards (ATCs). ATCs have only a couple rules: They must be 2.5" x 3.5", traded, never sold, and on the back they should be signed & dated.
Some groups have themes for ATCs, some have no themes. These are fun to make and trade, much more fun than cooking & housework. Most folks make several or a bunch of the same ATC and number each one of a series, e.g., 1/10, 2/10, etc., especially if they're to be shared with a group. They can also be one-of-a-kind.
The ATC shown here had a theme of Pets - so on the other side of the ATC is a picture of Scarlett. The lettering is my own - I've been learning calligraphy since 1980.
There will be more of my ATC posts coming up...I'm participating in 3 ATC swaps right now; two are monthly swaps and the other is bi-monthly.
If you'd like more information about ATCs, Google Artist Trading Cards, and click on 'Art in your Pocket ATCs.'

No comments: